Friday, March 23, 2007

Thirstade Powder

I remember back in the day, it was commonplace to see Gatorade Powder mix in the grocery store isles. Of course, that was a time when Gatorgum was everywhere and the only three flavors available were Green (lemon-lime), Orange, and Red (fruit punch). Now there are 51 flavors of Gatorade, including weird crap like Gatorade AM and Gatorade XTremo Mango Electrico (which, I assume, is supposed to appeal to the ever-growing Latino population in the U.S.).
Anyway, yesterday I was in my local Gristede's getting a couple of things when I spotted some canisters of Gatorade Powder on the shelves! I know I shouldn't get so excited about such a stupid thing, but I grabbed a cannister of Lemon-Lime before someone else came by and took them all away. I don't think they were left-overs from the 1970's, but even if they are, I don't care. Now I can make myself a cool glass of Gatorade whenever I want.

No comments: