Monday, March 19, 2007

DramaGods

The other day, I stumbled across the new band by Nuno Bettencourt while looking for something on YouTube. Nuno used to be the guitarist for the Boston-based band Extreme. After he quit that band, he started a new group called Mourning Widows. Apparently that group didn't work out. So... Nuno moved on to form a "group" called Population 1. The full-length CD by Population 1 features Nuno on all instruments. When he decided to play some live shows, he put a band together which includes Joe Pessia on bass guitar, Steve Ferlazzo on keyboards and back-up vocals, and Kevin Figueiredo on drums and back-up vocals. They put out an EP called Sessions From Room 4. I guess there were some legal issues with their name, so now they're called DramaGods, and they have a CD called Love, which came out last year, available on iTunes.
Watching some of their videos and live clips made me remember what an awesome guitar player Nuno is. I don't think I've ever heard any of these groups before. In fact, I kinda forgot Nuno was making music. I'm kind of digging it.


Something About You




Megaton

No comments: