Saturday, March 17, 2007

Drunken Holiday

Today we had to go to see our accountant for our 2007 taxes (our stuff is way too complicated for me to do it by myself anymore). As many out there know, today is St. Patrick's Day. A day to pay honor to one of the Catholic Church's more well known saints. It's also a day where a ton of people decide to get stone cold drunk. Our accountant's office is on 5th Avenue, just south of the parade route. So, after our meeting, we were lucky enough to share the streets with all of the drunken revelers. It was 1:00 in the afternoon and there was a girl literally sliding sideways down the wall of a building as she slurred drunkenly towards me attempting to take my picture (why? don't ask me). Not that I haven't taken part in getting hammered on St. Patty's Day in the past, but now I just find it all sort of one of life's many amusements.
Oh, and by the way, our taxes weren't nearly as bad as I had feared. Irish eyes were smiling on us.

3 comments:

zorknapp said...

Fantastic. Hard to beat drunk idiots on the street...

zorknapp said...

Did you add that photo of Cookie O'Puss? I can't believe I didn't notice it before, if it was there originally...

He looks freakier than I remember...

Louie said...

No. It wasn't there when you last checked. I think I added it a few minutes after your last comment. And yeah, he doesn't look exactly as I remember it either. I was kind of like, "huh... I don't remember him looking that odd."