Sunday, March 11, 2007

Pinkberry

My wife had been wanting to try this place since one opened up near our apartment on the Upper East Side. From what she told me, it was a supposedly really good and hip Frozen Yogurt place that had its roots in California. Word was that the stars line up for this place on the West Coast. So, today we tried it. And you know what? It sucked. And it wasn't just me who thought so. My wife decided she never needs to go back there, and I heard more than one "this is crap" uttered from other patrons. It's crappy plain (or green tea) frozen yogurt with a variety of toppings (from fresh fruit to Fruity Pebbles). The thing it reminded me most of were those old frozen yogurt pops by Dannon in the 1970-80's. At least those had Buddy Hackett pitching them. I see no redeeming value of Pinkberry. It just blows.

1 comment:

zorknapp said...

Buddy Hackett! I remember those commercials...

Too bad about the fro-yo...