Saturday, March 10, 2007

Oscar Worthy?

Hmmm... I'm sorry that I have to say this. My wife and I watched The Departed last night on DVD, and although I thought it was a great movie I really don't think it was Scorsese's best. I still haven't seen all of the movies that were up for Best Picture this year, so maybe among the crop, this one stood out as the best. It just sort of makes me sad that Scorsese finally won his Oscar, and it was for this. Raging Bull, GoodFellas, Taxi Driver... all better. I could go on with the list... I'm very happy that Scorsese finally got his Oscar. I think it's great. I just really think he deserved it sooner, because I think this year's win was more a "lifetime achievement award" rather than a true win for this film. Well, that's my opinion anyway.



NP: Pull Me Under, Dream Theater

No comments: