Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Dancing With The Devil

More wines... more wines... I was really busy this weekend, working 12 hours a day for 4 straight days (finishing on a Monday, which blows) so I didn't get much time to do anything but work. Tonight, however, we relaxed with a nice dinner and some wine. We had Casillero del Diablo Carménère 2004, Chile. This wine is made up of 85% Carménère, 10% Cabernet Sauvignon, 5% Syrah. We've had this in the cellar for a looong time, and I thought we'd bust it out tonight. It had some nice flavors of chocolate, plum and some spice. I also felt it was kind of earthy. It did have some nice acidity at the end - almost too much, but not quite. A very nice wine that my wife enjoyed a lot. You can check out the Casillero del Diablo website here.
Another wine we had somewhat recently was a bottle of Le Causse Vin de Pays D`oc Sauvignon Blanc 2005, France which we received from my wine club in January. We were really excited to try this wine since the first bottle from the club was so good. Unfortunately, this one wasn't up to snuff. It's not bad, it just didn't excite me. To be honest, if almost tasted more like a Chardonnay than a Sauvignon Blanc. It was almost too fruity to be a Sauvignon Blanc.
Finally, there's one more wine we've had recently that I haven't mentioned. It was Blanc Slate Jean de Lupfen Pinot Blanc which I ordered with my groceries through Fresh Direct, but you can also get from Best Cellars. This is a very nice wine, that we really enjoyed. It's a little more fruity and floral than I usually like, but it went well with our meals and is really easy to drink. This is a great wine to have around for those who don't always like to drink wine.

NP: Rollin' On, Black Stone Cherry

No comments: