Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Sciacchetrà!

I was finally able to locate some Sciacchetrà in the United States. (To be totally honest, I did find a bottle once a couple of years ago, but it was over $150.00 and I wasn't too sure I wanted to spend that much on a bottle of this stuff then.)
I found that K&L Wine Merchants in San Francisco just got a case in of Arrigoni Sciacchetrà 2003, Cinque Terre Italy, so I decided to order a couple of bottles. They came in a week or so ago, and the other night we opened one up to see if it was how we remembered it. Now this isn't the same producer of the one we had while we were in Italy, but beggers can't be choosers I guess.
It was great. It's got a nice amber color, and it's warm and smooth. There are flavors of caramel and orange, and it reminded me a little of a tawny port without the nuttiness. All in all, worth the wait, and it gave us a little reminder of our honeymoon.

NP: Pilots, DramaGods

No comments: