Sunday, March 18, 2007

Magic Man

Recently, we've watched both The Illusionist and The Prestige. You know, I can't remember the last time there was a movie out about a magician, never mind two movies. But here we are. Two movies about magicians/illusionists out in the same year. And both had very good casts. I saw The Illusionist first, and if I had to choose, I would probably say that this was the better film. It really had me fooled throughout the entire movie. Edward Norton was fantastic as always, and this movie has Jessica Biel. However, I think I enjoyed The Prestige more. Sure, I had about 90% of the plot and surprise twist ending figured out halfway through the movie. I didn't care. This movie was sicker and more twisted than The Illusionist. Because of that, it was more fun and enjoyable. Better story? Nope. But I guess I don't really care.

NP: Crash Course In Brain Surgery, Metallica

No comments: