Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Too Much Drama

So, let me say that I am a huge Yankees fan. I was very excited that Spring Training is underway and soon we're going to have some more baseball. Actually, I'm still excited. I think the Yankees can do a lot this year. Sure, there are a lot of questions surrounding the pitching staff, but I like our chances.
What I don't like is the drama surrounding this year's training camp. Sure, the Yankees always have drama, but this year it feels more like a soap opera. Where's Bernie Williams? Jeter and A-Rod aren't friends! Just play baseball...

For the record I think the Yanks should have given Bernie a guaranteed contract as their 25th man. I don't think they should be wasting time/space with a first base platoon. I think the Yankees are the only people left out there who truly believe Andy Phillips is going to be a quality major league player.

Anyway, the 2007 lineup should look something like this:

CF: Johnny Damon
SS: Derek Jeter
RF: Bobby Abreu
3B: Alex Rodriguez
DH: Jason Giambi
LF: Hideki Matsui
2B: Robinson Cano
C: Jorge Posada
1B: Doug Mientkiewicz / Andy Phillips

RHP: Chien-Ming Wang
LHP: Andy Pettite
RHP: Mike Mussina
LHP: Kei Igawa
RHP: Carl Pavano

RHP: Mariano Rivera


Not bad... so let's play ball.

No comments: