Thursday, February 22, 2007

Seamless...

Last night, my wife and I had decided we weren't hungry after a late lunch and we weren't going to have dinner. Of course, an hour later we were starving without anything in the house to eat. So... like all good New Yorkers, we decided to order in. However, I hate dealing with people (store people, not people in general), especially on the telephone. So, I decided to try something new. Seamless Web. This is a website where you can order from different restaurants online and they deliver it to your door without ever having to speak to anyone but the dude who brings it over. You can even include the tip online so you don't have to deal with it later.
We ordered from this place Wrap Star on the UES. All in all, everything turned out very nicely. Of course, something had to get screwed up, and my wife didn't get the wrap she had ordered. However, when I looked over the menu this morning, the wrap she got doesn't seem to exist. I'm a little confused about that. I got the barbecue chicken wrap, and my wife got the mystery beef wrap. I don't blame that mix-up on Seamless Web, but on Wrap Star itself.
Seamless web delivers in Manhattan, Hoboken, Jersey City, Boston and Washington DC. (Why am I listing these? Not to sound like and ad, but because I have friends in all those cities and maybe they'd like this too.)

On a totally different subject, I tried to get my friend Mike tickets to see the Police at the Meadowlands in August. I got some e-mail from Best Buy that gave me a code to get pre-sale tickets from Ticketmaster this morning. I figured I would buy them for him, etc... of course when I tried to do it at 10:03 am (tickets went on sale at 10:00 am) there were no tickets available. I'm sure this was just for the alotted presale tickets, but come on...

NP: Hell Yeah, Neil Diamond

1 comment:

zorknapp said...

And of course, muchos thanksos for even trying to get tickets!

Both MSG shows sold out in about 10 minutes in the real sale. I'm hoping that the real sale for Giants Stadium will take a bit longer...

And I'll have to look into this ordering online stuff. There's actually a great cheap Chinese place about 2 minutes walk from our apartment, which is dangerous for both Sue and I, as we enjoy Chinese.

If you like Indian, you'll have to come over to JC at some point, and come with us to Little India to have some good stuff over there...