Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Some More Please

A long time ago, I bought a few bottles of wine that were on the more expensive side that needed a few years or so to grow. Although not one of those bottles, I did get this wine during that shopping trip. My wife and I truly enjoy a nice Rioja. I think it comes from drinking so much of it during our first trip to Spain. Whatever the reason, I like them. This bottle is Allende Rioja 2001, Spain. It has been sitting in my wine fridge for a while, waiting for my wife to have the baby and be able to enjoy a glass or two again. I hadn't heard of this wine before, and I have to admit, I bought it based on it's rating (WA - 93), which is something I try not to do. Anyway, we opened this bottle the other night, and we were no disappointed. It's a big wine. Dark in color, with some nice spicy element to it. There are definately cherries with some dark black fruits. Also some vanilla mixed in there. It's an unfiltered wine, and they say it should be drunk in the next 4-5 years, so there's still time to get some more.

NP: A Farewell To Kings, Rush

No comments: