Thursday, July 13, 2006

Remembering VH

Today I was fixing up the apartment, getting ready for the arrival of the new family member, and I put the TV on to keep me company. That movie, Twister, was on Cinemax, so I left it on in the background. This is the movie that Van Halen contributed the songs Humans Being and Respect The Wind to the soundtrack. While the credits were going by, Respect The Wind was playing, and although it's not the best music ever, it got me thinking about what a great band Van Halen used to be.
Of course I'm talking about the David Lee Roth Era Van Halen, and not the Sammy Hagar years or the Gary Cherone blip on the radar. (Personally, it seems to me that Sammy is probably a much cooler human being than Dave, but the band was clearly better with Dave) After Dave left, we had the slow decline with Sammy, to that crap with Gary, to whatever Eddie has morphed into now. Just take a look at him. Scary, eh?
At this point, it appears that the band, Van Halen is dead... So here's a look back at the video for Hot For Teacher for old time's sake.



NP: Hot For Teacher, Van Halen

1 comment:

zorknapp said...

Yeech! You're right, Eddie looks HORRIBLE... No wonder Valerie left him... He looks like he should be chasing kids off his lawn with a broom...