Monday, July 17, 2006

Love In An Elevator

For some reason, no one in NYC knows how to get on or off an elevator nicely. I find it to be especially noticable in the hospitals. After working in different NYC hospitals over the years and having to visit too many people in them as well, I've come to this conclusion. It's really sad when you see young people pushing past the elderly or the handicapped or the mothers with their babies to get on the elevator. Then, those people I just mentioned push everyone else out of their way to get on. It's kind of a free-for-all. And then, no one wants to move to the back of the elevator. I think that they feel it's the one place where they can make themselves have some kind of societal importance: I am superior to you! Look! I can get on the elevator first! Ha ha! It's just really sad. It's even worse than what happens on the subway.

NP: Yankees Pregame Show, YES Network

3 comments:

zorknapp said...

Subways are interesting. Sometimes I see *fantastic* behavior from people, getting on and off trains. People waiting to get on until everyone is off, etc. Then, are the times of people just shoving through to get on, not waiting for the people to exit. I always want to say, the train's not going anywhere.

But I don't know if that's the point to people. They have to get on, because SOMEONE MIGHT GET A SEAT BEFORE THEM!!

That's why I *always* stand on subways, it just makes life easier if you know you're going to stand.

Louie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Louie said...

I always stand on the subway because I don't like sitting next to the people on the train. They touch you and they smell funny