Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Jim Caple Is A Hack

Jim Caple is a "writer" for ESPN.com. He is also an obvious New York / Yankees hater. I find it very interesting when a writer for a well know and respected organization such as ESPN spends most of his time bashing the Yankees, New Yorkers and most things that have to do with either. Sure, there are the occassional other topics addressed by this man, but more often than not, he's bashing something from NYC. He's even written a book on how he hates the Yankees.
You would think that something as nationally conscious as ESPN would want to focus on sports from around the country, but that doesn't ever appear to be Caple's agenda. Perhaps taking shots at New Yorkers helps him sleep at night. Or perhaps it helps him compensate for something else he is lacking. Who knows? I'm convinced that something very horrible must have happened to him on the streets of New York. Or perhaps he was dumped while watching a Yankees game on television. He has more bad things to say about this city than anyone I have ever seen before.
I've grown up in New York and I live in New York now. However, I spent a decade away from this city and have seen how other places treat their athletes and teams and how other city's media takes care of their teams. I've got to tell you, I'm not impressed. In New York, it's like a family. We can say whatever we want about it, but if an outsider does, it's just not right. Right now, I wish Jim Caple would just shut the hell up.

Jim Caple is a senior writer for ESPN.com. You can reach Jim at jimcaple.com. Sound off to Page 2 here.

NP: Yankees vs. Texas Rangers, Yes Network

1 comment:

zorknapp said...

Sometimes, you just have to vent about someone...