Sunday, July 02, 2006

Pies

For my birthday this year, my wife signed me up for a baking class at the Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) in NYC. More specifically, it was the Fabulous Fruit Pies for Summer class. At first my wife only signed me up, but after some convincing she signed up with me. It was a 5 hour class on one of the last days of our vacation together. I thought it would be better together.
The class was a whole lot of fun. After failing time after time trying to make pie crusts together for various holiday pies, we finally learned how to do it. I made a cherry pie, while she made a peach pie. Together (mainly my wife), we made an apple pie too.
The school seems like a lot of fun - you get to meet random people from the area, learn how to cook and then eat all the food together. It's a good time.

NP: Yankees vs. Mets (currently Yanks 7, Mets 4), ESPN

No comments: