Sunday, July 16, 2006

Pearl

One of my favorite restaurants in all of New York City is the Pearl Oyster Bar on Cornelia Street in the West Village. We hadn't been there since the end of last summer or early fall, and my wife and I have been getting the craving for some fried oysters over the past couple of weeks. We had made tentative plans to go there this past Saturday night, but all of the errands we had to do Saturday took us much later into the evening than we had anticipated. Initially, we were going to scrap the idea of heading down to the Village for dinner because it was getting late and I needed to wake up at 6:00 this morning to go to work. However, we couldn't think of anywhere else to go, so we jumped in a cab and headed downtown. Although the wait was probably around an hour to sit down, it was well worth it (as always). We started off with some fried oysters, which were as fantastic as they always are, then we moved onto our main courses. My wife had the lobster roll, which I thought was much better than the first time we tried it (we both thought it was too mayonaise-y at the time). I had the whole grilled red snapper, which was awesome. I almost went with the grilled dorade, because I loved that the last time we were there, but the bartender told me the red snapper looked really good last night. She was right. I also went through a couple of glasses of a 2005 Sancerre (but I can't remember the name). It was a great dinner, well worth the wait, and a fine reason to go down to the village on a beautiful Saturday night.

NP: Falling To Pieces, Faith No More

No comments: