Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Drinking From The Rabbit

Sometimes, you're not allowed to have glass with you. So... I've decided to check out some of the newer wines in a box. Back in the day, I was a little scared of boxed wine. It's something I got really drunk off of one night in college during a snowstorm and it's something my mom keeps in her refrigerator. However, I've noticed a lot of newer labels making boxed wine. I thought I would give some a chance to see if any of them were decent. Tonight, I cracked open my first box. It was French Rabbit Chardonnay Vin De Pays D'OC France, 2004. I was a little skeptic of this stuff at first, but I have to say, it's really not that bad. In fact, it was a nice, crisp white. There were some fruity scents, and the taste, although a little harsh at first, also had some fruity-ness to it... perhaps some peaches. There was no oakiness and a little minerality at the end. Overall, a pretty good wine in a box, which I would definately get again when the situation called for a boxed wine. It also is a convenient size and shape, making it easy to carry.
You can check out the French Rabbit website here.

NP: Not much...

No comments: