Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Some More French White

Here's another bottle of French white wine we've tried recently. This one I got at Sherry-Lehmann's in the Upper East Side of Manhattan. This store is great. The people are helpful, and they keep all of their bottles in a wine cellar, so you don't have to worry so much about getting a bad bottle. In fact, I've never gotten one there. This wine I grabbed as I was picking up some Champagne that I wanted to buy while it was on sale. This was something that was relatively inexpensive to drink with my dinner that night. It is the Louis Jadot Macon-Villages Chardonnay 2005. Overall, I remember citrus fruits and minerality. I liked it and would get it again. I keep trying to broaden my horizons on French wines.

In other drink-related news in my life, I had a scare when I thought my espresso machine bit the dust. I was decalcifying the thing when it suddenly stopped working. I thought I blew out the pump motor or something, but I guess it just overheated because after leaving it alone for a few hours it was working just fine again. I've gotten so used to having the thing, I wasn't looking forward to spending more money on a new one.

No comments: