Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry F*&cking Christmas To You Too

Yesterday, my wife and I took her sister and her two children (along with our son) to Rockefeller Center to see the Christmas Tree. Her kids are 5 & 7 years old and had never seen the tree before. We thought this would be nice just before Christmas. They were really excited to go and loved seeing the tree. Besides for a sprinking of rain here and there, it was turning out to be a very nice day. After seeing the tree, we decided to go into Dean & Deluca to treat them all to some hot chocolate - I don't know if you've ever had the chance to have their hot cocoa... it's really really good, especially when mixed with seeing the Christmas Tree on a cool winter day. Anyway, we enjoyed our cocoa and snacks (I had a cupcake) and we decided to head back home. I was carrying the baby around in the Baby Bjorn (if you don't know what one of those is, check out the link) and got up to head out. As we were leaving the restaurant/cafe, this guy barged through the doorway past me and my baby pushing us both (he must have really wanted in). Well, I didn't take kindly to that, and I yelled at him. And you know what? Most people yelled back at me - like I was crazy to be mad that this dude (who was like a foot taller than me) pushed past me and my baby. The only people who agreed with me were the other people with kids. So, I fondly wished them all a Merry Christmas and went on my way. What I would have liked to have done was take a crap in their hot cocoa.
A nice Christmas message will probably be up tomorrow.

NP: Baby Santa's Music Box, Baby Einstein

1 comment:

zorknapp said...

Must have been the same guy who was driving towards me in the wrong lane in a Stop and Shop parking lot on Thursday night, and who gave me a dirty look for driving in his way (even though I was in the right lane).

I'm amazed that other people chimed in against you. Bastards!