Monday, June 19, 2006

Torre Spina and the DQ

It was Father's Day this weekend, and we went to my sister's house to have a little barbecue and celebrate. On the way there we picked up a couple bottles of wine for the festivities. Since my mom was undoubtedly cooking some sort of chicken on the grill, we grabbed some white wine. (Also, my mom says red wine gives her headaches, so we try to avoid it with her) We picked up some Torre Spina Soave 2004, Italy (retails at $4.99 a bottle in New Jersey). My mom and sister seemed to really enjoy this wine. It was very easy to drink and didn't really interfere with the food at all. However, it also didn't really do much to add to the food either. It was very light, with a lot of lemon in it. There was also a lot of green grass. I'd be pressed to say I tasted much else. Hey, it's cheap and easy to drink, so for a barbecue, not so bad. But I doubt I'll be picking it up again.
On a more positive note - after dinner we headed over to the local Dairy Queen (I've only been to the DQ twice before in my life) for some frozen treats. I decided to get a Vanilla Blizzard with strawberries and Oreos. I was almost swayed by the Banana Pie Blizzard on the menu, but I stayed true to my original plan. I was very happy I did. The perfect ending to a very nice night.


NP: Sometimes Jacks Rule The Realm, 311

No comments: