Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Suing the Colonel

Yesterday I noticed this article on MSNBC.com about how there is a consumer group suing KFC for using an oil that is too fatty. If you want to read it yourself, you can go here:

Consumer group sues KFC over unhealthy fat.
Fast-food chain accused of using oil that makes arteries "extra crispy"


If you don't feel like reading it, let me sum it up for you: The Center for Science in the Public Interest has decided to sue KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) because the oil that they use to fry (yes, fry) their chicken is too high in trans fats. Part of their complaint is that it is harder to find low-fat choices at KFC as compaired to other fast-food chains. Also, I guess they are complaining about a particular franchise of the fast-food chain in/near Washington DC.
Well... I've got an idea for how these people can avoid the high fat in KFC fried chicken - don't eat at a freakin' fast food restaurant. I just don't understand these people. They eat at fast-food chains, and then wonder why they are getting fat or getting clogged arteries. Did they think this food was good for them? And this particular one is about FRIED CHICKEN! I would like to wonder how these people get so stupid, but the lead plantiff on this case is a physician (retired). Dr. Arthur Hoyte has stated that had he known KFC used unnatural oil and was so high in trans fat, he "would have reconsidered my choices." Ummm... You have a higher educational degree. You have an M.D. You are a physician. And you are surprised that KFC is bad for you? I find that sad. I hope this gets thrown out of court just like when that family tried to sue McDonald's for making them all fat.
People out there need to start taking responsibility for themselves and the choices they make. Stop blaming everyone else. It's your fault you ate at KFC or McDonalds and not the salad place down the block. Instead of spending your time yelling how these people made you fat, how about you go to the gym instead.
Oh... and by the way... I hate KFC. I have ever since I found that spine complete with brain-looking thing in my chicken somewhere off route 95 in South Carolina (or was it North?). I just have better things to do with myself than blame them for my problems.


NP: The Attitude Song, Steve Vai

1 comment:

zorknapp said...

I've got an album you might be interested in, the Vai NP made me think of it. Mike Keneally recorded piano arrangements of many of Vai's compositions. Since I'll be in your area in the next few weeks, if you want to borrow it, well, it's now easy to do...