Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Germans

So, I drank this wine a while ago and kind of forgot to put it up here. I only remembered it when I was throwing out the recycling and found the bottle there. It seems my wife snuck it in there before I could get the label off of it. It is Riesling QBA St. Urbans-Hof 2004, Germany. It is a German Riesling. Wine Spectator gave it a 91 on their 100 point scale, and it was listed in their best 100 best wines of 2005. I've actually had 4 bottles of this wine over the past few months, and the flavors have been pretty constant. It's a nice bottle of wine.
It's a very juicy wine, with a little more sweetness. On initial uncorking it even has a little bubbly-ness going on. It's got some nice citrus and some peach flavors as well. It's a great bottle of wine, especially for one that you can find for $8.99 (at least in NYC). Enjoy this one if you can find it - it will go nice with summer.
St. Urbans-Hof

NP: My wife telling me to come upstairs

No comments: