Saturday, June 10, 2006

Bowling

Last night we did a little bowling at Bowlmor Lanes. A few years ago this place was always packed. People would even hang at the bar without any plans to bowl. Now, it was a ghost-town. Maybe it's because they raised the price of a game to $9.25 per person. At least they kept the shoe-rental at $5.00 each (yes, it really is that much). They did recently renovate - and the place is nicer. We could only assume that was how they justified the rate increase.
Despite the rising cost of bowling in NYC we had a great time. Enjoyed some bowling, a pitcher of Sam Adams and good company. I also didn't bowl nearly as bad as I thought I would since I haven't bowled in over a year. I know for most people out there, 1 year between bowling games probably isn't too long, but we used to go more frequently than that. I think I bowled a 117, a 126 and then a 98. That last game wasn't too good for me. Especially because that one was for money. And I lost. Ah well. It was a lot of fun anyway.

NP: 4th Symphony, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

No comments: