Friday, June 30, 2006

Red Wine and Steak

Back when I was living in Boston, a friend of ours always wanted all of us to go out for steaks and red wine. We never did it then - mainly because we were all too poor to eat at McDonald's nevermind a steak house. However, last night I made my wife and I a couple of filet mignon steaks and I enjoyed a nice glass of Escudo Rojo Baron Philippe de Rothschild 2003 to go along with it. This is a deep dark red with hints of cherries, vanilla, and coffee. Once again, this one was nicer after giving it some time to breathe. The wine is from Chile, and is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet France, Carmenère and Merlot. I first had this wine at the Rocking Horse in Chelsea, NYC - which, is a terrific restaurant. Oh, and my steaks turned out perfect too.

NP: Nothing - it's too early

No comments: