Friday, May 26, 2006

Spiced Meat?

The other day I stopped into the local Gristedes (a NYC supermarket chain) to get some snacks. While I was there I thought it would be a good idea to get some cold-cuts for lunch. I noticed something that I found even more disturbing than olive-loaf. Spiced Luncheon Meat. What the hell is that? And do people actually eat this stuff? The only good thing I can see about it is that it contains no MSG. That's good, right? Otherwise, I like to have a more specific name to my food other than "meat." However, one time, in a restaurant in Spain, we asked the waiter what the meat in the "Meat stewed with tomatoes" was. He looked at us like we were crazy and responded, "well... pork of course." (Actually, it was in Spanish and sounded a little different than that, but you get the idea) Anyway, I know there are people out there who enjoy their Spam, Spiced Luncheon Meat, and Smoked Meat. I just don't understand them.

NP: Dani California, Red Hot Chili Peppers

No comments: