Monday, May 22, 2006

Shea, The Zoo and Segafredo

I went to Shea this weekend for the Yankees/Mets game (unfortunately one of the games the Yanks lost). Although I've been there before, I was really struck by the differences between Shea and Yankee Stadium. I felt like I was at some crazy backyard barbecue. It was just very chaotic. Everyone says how bad Yankee fans are, but as someone who has been to both Shea and Fenway Park, I've gotta tell you, we're not so bad.
I also went to the Queens Zoo this weekend (yes, there is a Queens Zoo). I guess I spent a great deal of time in Queens this weekend. It's not a borough I visit often - I just don't get it. It's a very confusing place. After living in this city my whole life, I still don't get Queens. The zoo itself was okay. It's kind of like the Bronx Zoo's red headed step-brother/sister. There were like 5 animals and they don't even feel the need to cover up the highway running right by the zoo. Look to your right and there's a seal, to the left and there's the Cross Island zooming by. I did have a good time there though.
Finally, this is my plea for someone to open a Segafredo Espresso Stand in NYC. They have them is some parts of this country (San Francisco) and I would love one here. We found them in Europe, and they make great coffee - and the one in SF made coffee just as they do in Europe, so I want one here. Hopefully, someone will do it. Please.

NP: Sportcenter, ESPN

No comments: