Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Today's Wines Sponsered By The Letter "L"

We tried a couple more wines from the Wine-of-the-month club my wife got me for Christmas this year (I've only got 2 more months to go... I'm kind of sad about that). This time, we had another of the reds shipped to me. It was Lara Dao 2005, Portugal. Apparently, this wine goes very well with authentic Portuguese cuisine. Since we didn't have any way to test out that theory, we just had it with some meats (the wine club says it goes well with grilled and/or spicy meats). I loved this wine. My wife liked it a lot, but didn't love it like I did. I would definitely get this again, but my brief search on the internet left me with nothing. This wine was deep red in color and had just enough acidity without being harsh. Some nice dark fruits too with a little chewy-ness to it.
The other wine we had was a chardonnay (one bad thing about this club is that 3 of my 4 white wine selections have been chardonnays... maybe they could get a bit more creative) from Australia. It was Lismore Range Chardonnay 2006, South Eastern Australia. I can't remember what we ate with this wine, but I enjoyed this one too. It was on the fruitier side with little oak. It was crisp and fresh. A good summer wine. I would drink this one again too.

No comments: