Wednesday, May 02, 2007

In The District

This week I've been hanging out in Washington DC for a work conference. It's been okay so far. I think I would have enjoyed it much more if by butt wasn't kicked by this cold I've been fighting since Friday. I'm actually starting to feel a bit better today, which is great.
The weather here has been fantastic, so the few moments I've had to get away and step outside have been really nice. As part of the conference we were taken out to dinner to Ruth Chris Steakhouse last night. I have to say, my steak was excellent and cooked perfectly (the way I like it). Coming from NYC where there are so many great steakhouses to choose from (Sparks is my personal favorite) I've never thought about going to Ruth Chris, but this was terrific. And it was free, which made it even better. It's really difficult to pass up free steak.
Tonight I'm just hanging in my hotel room watching television. I'm trying to give my body an evening in to get some sleep and hopefully finish recovering.

On a totally different note, I read today that the Yankees fired their newly hired conditioning coach. Personally I think it's about time. 3 pitchers in one month suffering hamstring injuries is just plain odd. Also with all of the other injuries the Yankees have suffered this year, something needed to change (I think the only injury that definitely can't be blamed on the conditioning is Karsten's broken leg). Personally I was blown away when I heard that Phil Hughes got hurt last night, especially when he was on pace for a no-hitter. But what can you do? Right?

2 comments:

zorknapp said...

Is the photo in the blog one of yours? If so (or even if not), a great shot!

Louie said...

Nope. Not mine. I just did a google-search for "Washington DC" and it was the first pic to pop up. Incidentally it's the same picture the group organizing my conference used for the cover of their handouts (don't know if they have permission or not). I don't have a camera with me besides my crappy phone-cam (although I did take a shot of one of those R2-D2 mailboxes which I'll put up here after I get home).