Monday, September 04, 2006

Wading Through The Gavi

Over the past few months, I've been trying a bunch of wines. Out of the whites, I've become particularly fond of the Gavi variety from Italy. A while back, I wrote about another Gavi I had tried, which was terrific. I was in the mood to have that bottle again, so I went down to Astor Wines, where I had purchased the first one. When I got there, I saw they had a couple other Gavi labels as well. Recently, I tried one while eating dinner at Lupa and thought that one was great too. So, I figured I would branch out once more and try another. I decided upon the Gavi "White Label", La Scolca 2004, Italy. Overall, this was a very nice wine. It's a sweeter wine, with some bits of honey and flowers. There is also a bit of citrus as well. I liked it, but didn't enjoy it as much as the other two Gavi's I've had. Next time, I'll either go back to the Villa Sparina Gavi di Gavi 2002, or spend up and try the Gavi "Black Label", La Scolca 2004.

No comments: