Saturday, September 09, 2006

The Block

Recently, I decided it was time to try another wine in a box. This time, I got the Wine Block Chardonnay 2005 (91% chardonnay, 7% sauvignon blanc, 2% semillon). I had read that these particular wines in a box came from Kendall Jackson Vineyards however on the wine's website, it states that the winemaker is Lise Skaanild who is making these on her own. I'm assuming the wine's website is telling the truth. Either way, it's not going to affect my thoughts on the wine.
I bought this wine the other day - it's like 2 bottles of wine in one box - for $9.99 in NYC. For the relative price (~ $5.00 a bottle) it's not so bad. It's definately a drinkable chardonnay with no aspects of oakiness for those who don't like okay chardonnays (although on the website, it says it's aged in oak barrels). Overall, I found there tobe a little too much sweetness in this wine for me. It has a lot of fruit in it (mostly winter fruits) and a lot of sugar. The box is sitting in the fride and will probably remain there for those nights I don't feel like opening an entire bottle of wine and just want a glass to go with dinner. However, it's not a box I'm likely to get again.

NP: I Don't Believe In Love, Queensryche

No comments: