Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Rabbit Comes Through Again

Yesterday we had my wife's baby shower, which turned out to be one of those men & women affairs. Anyway, it all worked out pretty well. Among my missions for this party was the wine. The space that we decided to have it didn't allow any glass in case something broke - so I needed to get wine in a box. I've been trying a lot of different boxed wines over the past couple of months because of this. After my various tastings, I decided to go with the French Rabbit label of boxed wines. I've written about the Chardonnay before on this blog. Out of all the boxes I've tried, I enjoyed that one the most, so I got a few boxes of that to bring. For a red, I was kind of stuck, not really enjoying any of the ones I had tried. I decided that since I thought the French Rabbit Chardonnay was good, I would just get some boxes of the French Rabbit Pinot Noir Vin de Pays D'OC 2004. The woman in the wine store told me that it was definately a good wine for what it tries to be. I was very happy upon tasting it. It definately had some body, wasn't harsh at all and was extremely drinkable. It's nothing like an New World Pinot Noir, but I guess it does have some qualities of a French Pinot (Burgandy). It has some nice fruits and a good acidity that went very well with lunch. I ended up with a box and a half left after the party and will enjoy finishing them all off.

NP: She Was My Girl, Jerry Cantrell

No comments: