Thursday, November 22, 2007

Let The Holiday Season Begin

So, it seems that each year Thanksgiving becomes more about when you can really start shopping for Christmas (and decorate your house without your neighbors thinking you are crazy) than what it's really about - giving thanks (and celebrating when some Pilgrims sat down with Native Americans and split a turkey and some corn).
Today I spent the day with my family (well, my wife's family to be exact) and we all had a very nice time. My son only had 1 or 2 short lived meltdowns and a day that for a while seemed like "A Thanksgiving Without A Turkey" turned out to be a very good day (the people bringing the turkey were late - a no no for future reference). Even the drive from New Jersey to Long Island wasn't that bad (the L.I.E. actually moved well for once).

I stuffed my face on turkey, potatoes, stuffing, pork, lasagna, carrots, rice and beans, ham, roasted vegetables, cheese cake, chocolate chip cookies, brownies and candy. Not a bad day.

Now it's time for shopping to begin.

No comments: