Saturday, November 17, 2007

More Wine For The Week

Well, I've got some more wines to write about this week. Trying to catch up with the ones that we've had since the move. Unfortunately, many are lost to the winds. I try to keep the label and things like that, but my wife has a love of throwing things away. So, they went to the trash before I could keep tabs on them. Anyway, the first of the ones I do remember is Rocca Felice Nebbiolo d'Alba Italy. I got this one for somewhere between $6.99 and $8.99 and it was worth every penny. Honestly, this was a great little wine, which we both enjoyed a lot. It's a nice Italian red.
Another one I picked up recently was the Inama Vin Soave Soave Classico 2006, Italy. I've gotten this wine a couple of times before and I really enjoy it. I think I feel like it's a smoother wine that I previously gave it credit for, but overall it's been pretty consistent. Although this was the first bottle I've had of the 2006 vintage (previous bottles were from 2005). A good wine.
Then we've got the Tupun Reserve Chardonnay Argentina, 2006. This bottle I got from the Wine of the Month club I had been a member of. We didn't love this wine. I think we had it with some turkey, which probably wasn't the best pairing, but it said on the label it went with poultry. It was a little too fruity for my tastes. Especially for something that was supposed to go with dinner. The tasting notes say flavors of pineapple, peach and mango, but what we really tasted were apricots.
Finally, I was hoping to enjoy a bottle of Frog's Leap Chardonnay Napa Valley, 2005. Unfortunately it was heat damaged, so we didn't drink that one. By the way, this was the 3rd bottle of wine I've gotten at Total Wine in River Edge, NJ that was heat damaged... Take it for what you will.

No comments: