Sunday, July 08, 2007

Did You Say Free?

I enjoy my coffee. So, I naturally jumped at the chance to get a free pod coffee maker from Senseo. I had read about this freebie online before, but never seemed to be able to get it to work for me. This time, I received an e-mail from the company to see if I qualified for a free machine.
Finally, success!
I got the e-mail asking me to pay for shipping ($15.00), and a free Senseo coffee maker (and some coffee) would be mine. (Okay, so maybe it's not exactly free, but $15 bucks for this machine which goes for $65-$75 in the store isn't too shabby.)
My initial plan was to bring this machine into work, so that I could easily make myself a cup of joe during my overnight shifts. First, however, I needed to try out the machine. If it was crap, what was the point?
That first night, we cracked open the box and set up the machine for some after-dinner coffee. Personally, I'm much more of a fan of the espresso based drinks, and that's usually what I drink at home (and from the coffee-shop). Unfortunately, my Breville machine is too loud to use once the baby is asleep, so we've been using a French-Press as an alternative. Well, the Senseo actually made a nice cup of coffee. And it's quiet, so we can use it at night. Yes, I'm still looking for a way to get a cup of coffee at work once everything else has closed, but I like having this at home.
Besides, everything is better when it's free.

NP: All Right Now, Free

No comments: