Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving... Let The Holidays Begin

Yesterday I had a great day spending Thanksgiving with my family. We had good food and crappy wine. It was a lot of fun. Unfortunately, I'm sick as a dog and I think I'm going to cough up a lung at some point. I've been filling myself with every cough medicine and homeopathic remedy I can get my hands on. I really don't want to get my son sick, so it's been a trying couple of days (I hear him crying now). Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Yesterday started the official "Holiday Season" kicked off by the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (or at least that's what they want you to think). Too bad it was so nasty out in NYC yesterday. I felt bad for all the parade-goers.

On a completely different note, we finally got all caught up in Lost. We had never watched it before, and a couple of months ago, we decided to rent Season 1. We were hooked. We DVR'd this season and watched until we caught up. Well... we finally made it. Of course now we have to wait until February for more! Ah well... I'm going to go make some coffee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering what your stance on homeopathic stuff was, being a MD and all... Do you figure, might as well give it a try, or do you think there's actual evidence out there saying that it works...

I'd be curious as to your thoughts on this.

Louie said...

Well... there are a lot of things I do that I tell my patients not to. For stuff like this (homeopathic stuff), I'm fine with doing whatever I want to myself, but if I'm unsure of the side-effects/consequences I won't ever advise patients to use them.