Monday, October 02, 2006

Spain Fails (It's A First)

I've read a few reviews of this wine, so I figured I would give it a try. I didn't go in the wineshop specifically for this, but I saw it there and figured I'd pick it up. Naia Rueda Verdejo, Spain 2005 is not really my type of wine. I tried it with food and without and couldn't convince myself that I was enjoying this wine. It's a white wine from Spain which many people refer to as a Spanish Pinot Grigio. Personally, I don't think it's anything like a Pinot Grigio. It's very sweet and fruit forward, but too much so. I've also seen that it is good as an apertife, but it didn't work for me like that either. Just not my type of wine. Perhaps it was my bottle - I'd be willing to try it again, but only if someone offered me a glass. I'm not buying another bottle. There are too many other wines out there I like to spend my money on. I even felt there was a hint of rubbing alcohol to the aftertaste.
And I love Spanish wines... too bad this one didn't make the cut.

NP: D'yer Mak'er, Led Zeppelin

No comments: