Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Chianti Anyone?

Yesterday I went to Astor Wines in NYC because they were having 15% off of all Loire Valley wines. I figured I would go down and get some Sancerre, which is one of my favorite white wine varieties. I did get a couple of bottles from the Loire Valley, but I also grabbed a half bottle (375 mL) of this Chianti: Felsina Berardegna Chianti Classico 2004 DOCG. I was planning on making some steak for dinner last night and thought it would be a nice beverage to have with that. Also, the baby's still not here and my wife can't have a drink with me.
The wine needed some time to breath, but after giving it a chance, it was a pretty nice Chianti. Still a little on the harsh side, but not too bad. No too fruit forward with a little chewyness to it. Overall it was a nice little bottle, but honestly, not one I'd get again. There are too many other wines out there to waste on one I wasn't really happy with.

No comments: