Sunday, August 27, 2006

Mmmm... Guinness

Yesterday we went to my wife's grandmother's 80th birthday party out on Long Island. It was a really good time, and I had a lot of fun. The party was held at this Irish Pub/Restaurant out by the docks where the ferry goes back and forth from Fire Island. The party had an open bar policy - but the "free" beer was only supposed to be Bud and Coors Light on tap. I didn't know this the first time I went up to the bar and ordered myself a nice cold Guinness. When I found out I needed to pay, I was like, "what the hell, I'm not drinking that other crap - it's not like I'm at a baseball game or anything." So, I took out the cash, and was ready to pay for my beer. However, the bartender ended up giving me free Guinness all day since I was the only one drinking it. Nice, eh? And for whatever reason, they were tasting extra good yesterday.
Drinking Guinness always reminds me of my college days...

Baby countdown: 6 weeks...

No comments: