Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Capital, Part 1

So, for the past 6 days or so I was in the nation's capital, Washington DC. I was down there for a class, but while I was there I got to catch up with a couple of friends and see the city a little bit. My wife came with me for the weekend, and we stayed with our friends in their house. On Saturday night, I went to see the Nationals vs. the Mets at RFK Stadium. This is only the 4th baseball stadium I've ever been to. Besides RFK, I've been to Yankee Stadium (more times than I can count), Shea, and Fenway Park. Although all of those stadiums are old, I truly enjoyed the crazy 1970's feel of RFK. I felt as though everyone should have feathered hair, bushy moustaches, tinted glasses and be wearing shades of brown courduroy. I had a great time at the game. Unfortunately, the Mets won, but I did get to see my two favorite former Yankees - Alfonso Soriano and Nick Johnson hit home runs. Also, they served Dos Equis on tap and the grilled sausage and peppers was awesome.

NP: Miss Murder, AFI

No comments: