Thursday, August 03, 2006

Feeling Sick In The Heat

Damn it's been hot lately. I know this isn't news to anyone, but come on! It's like 105 degrees here in New York City. Our air-conditioner has been putting in overtime the past few days. Gotta keep the apartment cool. Although we've been trying to be good and keep the electrical use to a minimum, you've got to live your life.

Then last night I got sick. I think I was hit with a stomach virus - and it was not fun. Luckily I had the day off today, so I've been just relaxing, getting some energy back and re-hydrating (got to love the Gatorade). Just finished taking in an excellent Yankees game. They won again, completing the sweep of the Blue Jays. So far, the trade with the Phillies seems to be working out well. Yeah, it's only been 3 games, but Abreu has been hitting for average and getting on base, and Lidle pitched a really good game today. Maybe this trade will be the difference maker. The verdict is still out on Craig Wilson for me. He just doesn't seem to fit. We'll see how it goes.

And I know I'm way late on this topic, but it really seems like Mel Gibson has screwed himself this time. It's like he bent over and told all of Hollywood to give it to him. Too bad Mel. We used to all love ya.

NP: Ride The Lightning, Metallica

No comments: