Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Rosé Is The New Pink

I went to Boston a few weeks ago to hang out with my wife while she was attending a work conference. While we were there, we went out to dinner to this place called Tapeo on Newbury Street. I hadn't eaten here in about 10 years or so, when we went for a friend's birthday. I didn't like it then, and I sort of liked it now. The food was good, but in the realm of Spanish Tapas outside of Spain, I've had a ton better. Their Sangria (the red one) was excellent, however.
When the pitcher of Sangria went dry, I was the only one who wanted more, so I decided to get a glass of wine. On a whim, I thought I would give the Muga Rosé Rioja, Rioja Spain a try. I've read that this was a good wine and rosé wines are "in" at the moment. Too bad I was disappointed. I can't even give you a flavor profile, because all I remember was "eh." It was cold and little else. Perhaps they had chilled it too much and washed the flavor away. Whatever the reason, I won't be having this one again.
Go to the Muga website here.

No comments: