Sunday, August 19, 2007

Bad Parents

Apparently, arrogant salesmen know what makes a great parent. Yesterday, my wife, my son and I were going through Home Depot to get some things for the new house. Unfortunately, my wife had just mentioned that she was thirsty... So, when we turned the corner of the aisle and were asked "Would you like a glass of water?" by the strangely fit water pitchman she said okay. This guy was selling ZeroWater.
You might be thinking, what is ZeroWater? According to it's website:
ZeroWater is a revolutionary water filtration system that removes unwanted contaminants, leaving you with clear, great-tasting water. Need proof? Every ZeroWater Starter Kit includes the same tester used in national laboratories to evaluate the presence of contaminants.

The guy then kept going on and on about how great his water system was and that we should cough up the $150 (or somewhere around there) to buy one for our home. When we told him no, he got all upset with us. And I don't mean your common variety salesman trying to make a sale upset. He was visibly angry that we didn't want one. He even went as far as telling us that we were bad parents because we weren't getting one. He then went on to tell us that we weren't doing what is best for our son.
I didn't realize that this guy was the expert on child rearing. Luckily, ZeroWater has a 1-800 number, so I can call them with all my questions about my child. Screw his pediatrician, I've got the ZeroWater guy!

1 comment:

Kathleen Riley said...

ZeroWater = Zero Respect.