Friday, January 26, 2007

Been A While

Well, it's been a bunch of days since I posted anything on here. It's not that I haven't had anything to say, but I've been really busy. Working like a dog and there have been some family things that have needed attention. Today, I'm off from work, so I've got a second to breathe. It's nice.

One of my Christmas presents this year from my dad was a bottle of wine. It's something that he remembered being very good (from years ago), so he wanted me to try it. It was Chateau La Jorine Lussac Saint-Emilion 2002, France. Yesterday it was really cold in NYC (and from what I hear, the rest of the Northeast), so for dinner I made some boeuf bourguignon. This was the first time I ever made that, and although I changed the recipe a bit, it turned out really good. Anyway, to go along with this meal, we decided to open this bottle of wine. It went really well. The wine is ruby in color and had a really smooth feel and finish. It had some woody taste along with the fruit. I've heard it's a little difficult to find, but it's a good Bordeaux on the less expensive side if you see it.

Another wine I had recently that I wanted to mention was actually a desert wine. We went to our friends' house for dinner a couple of weekends ago and they opened this for us after our meal. It was a bottle of Pirramimma Late Harvest Riesling 2004, Australia. This wine had a really nice taste and no harshness. It is a nice yellow-amber color and has flavors of honey and apricots. We liked it so much, they gave us a bottle to take home with us.
With dinner we had a couple of bottles of Zinfandel from Turley Wines, however I really don't remember which ones we had. I know I liked the first bottle a lot better than the second, but I can't remember which was which.

Now on a completely different note, I downloaded the premiere episode of The Dresden Files onto my iPod free from iTunes the other day. I have to say, I liked the show. It's nice to have something else to add to the DVR so when I'm bored, there's something else to watch.

NP: Flying High Again, Ozzy Osbourne

No comments: