Monday, May 12, 2008

Coffee Smells Good!

Out of all the culinary wonders out there, a good cup of coffee is near the top of my list. I've always enjoyed my coffee, but back in the day, Dunkin' Donuts was the epitome of a good cup. Then I went to Italy. Everything changed after that. I have had my Breville espresso machine for about 2 years now and I could not imagine living without it. I actually thought it broke once, and I was crushed. Luckily, it had just over-heated during it's de-calcification cycle, and was good as new after cooling off a bit.
I'm writing this now as I brew a nice latte to go with my lunch dessert. Today, I'm having some Miscela D'Oro Ciald'Oro espresso. This is a nice espresso. It does have a little more bitterness than I usually go for, but it is good. My favorite lately has been Lucaffe Caffe del'Ospite. This has a nice chocolately taste and makes a nice crema. Generally, I really like all of the coffees from Lucaffe. Apart from their somewhat racist packaging (see image below), I like this company.
Another great coffee is Segafredo, which may be my overall favorite.

1 comment:

thor iverson said...

Dunkin' Donuts? Good Lord, Lou, you were never that uncool. At least, not in my imagination.

I dragged Theresa's BC-era espresso maker out of storage tonight, 'cuz I have a winemaker in the house who wants espresso. It's taken a while to de-stink it, but now it's humming. I'm a French press man myself, but a great espresso it hard to deny.