Thursday, April 24, 2008

Shiraz-y

This other day, my sister had a barbecue and I decided to bring over a bottle of wine. My sister and mom are big fans of white wine (mainly Pinot Grigio) so I decided to bring a red. I didn't really feel like going to the store, so I checked out what I had in the house. I would have liked to have brought a Zinfindel, but I was all out. So, I settled on a Shiraz. I've been kind of off Shiraz lately. When I first started getting into wine, it was something that I enjoyed a lot, but now... it's really not my first choice. I think it's usually to tannin-y for me.
Anyway, this isn't something that I bought myself - in fact I don't think I've purchased a Shiraz in about 3 years. But I had it, so I brought it along. Oh yeah - it's Rolling Shiraz 2004, Australia. Basically, my main feeling on this wine is "eh." It wasn't a bad wine, and if I went to someone's place and this is what they were serving, I would drink it without a problem (hmmm... when is that really a problem?), but I wouldn't bring it a long myself. To me, this tasted like Shiraz. That's it. Nothing special or fancy... it's a Shiraz.
The barbecue was good though.

NP: Nothing. Trying to keep my son asleep for his nap.

No comments: