Tuesday, December 11, 2007

More Proof He's Mine

Today my son woke up from his nap and was feeling a little cranky. We've got a few tricks to get him out of his post-nap funk. Today I decided to put on his favorite song (No One, by Alicia Keys) and let him sit on my lap on the couch for a bit. (It's really cute because he sings along with her, totally off-key. Of course he doesn't sing the words - he's only 14 months - but he does the melody and he does do a good job with the oh-oh-oh's at the end.)
Anyway, my iPod was on shuffle and after the Alicia Keys song finished, it went to Creeping Death by Metallica. Well, my son jumped off my lap and started bouncing up and down, clapping his hands and squealing with joy. It was awesome. Too bad my wife wasn't around to witness it (I doubt she'll believe me if I tell her). Maybe it's because he got the Metallica Lullaby CD for his birthday or maybe he's just into the metal... only time will tell.
Maybe I need to get him a tiny guitar and get the lessons started early.

No comments: