Saturday, June 02, 2007

Better Butter

So, I think I finally realized I have turned into a food-snob (or Foodie if you want to use the kinder, less offensive terminology) when I went from getting my butter from the local Gristedes or D'Agostino and now have to go to Agata and Valentina (where I do most of my shopping anyways) or Citarella to get my French, Italian or Danish butter. Land O' Lakes or Breakstone's used to be good enough for me, but one day I decided to try some of the fancy stuff - it was on sale - and it really was a ton better. It's much creamier than the basic American product (which to me, tends to crumble easier) and the taste is so much better on toast or bagels or English muffins. So, now I'm stuck, paying more than I should for butter. But I don't want to go back to regular butter and that's why I've realize I have finally crossed the line... Oh, you can also get the Plugra brand, which is made in the good ol' U S of A (I think it's from Vermont) but in the "European style." It's pretty much the same as the one's from Europe but cheaper (I guess you're saving on the importing costs).









NP: Wish Upon A Dogstar, Satellite Party

No comments: