Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Making The Switch (sort of)

Today I ordered myself a new computer. It is a laptop. And it is an Apple. I haven't owned an Apple computer since college so I did hesitate a little bit, but in the end it was the best decision. Basically, I can get this computer for free through work - we get money each academic year for different educational pursuits and I didn't spend much of mine this year. Our academic year ends June 30th, and if you don't spend the money it goes away (it's not additive with each year). I recently found out that you can use it to purchase a computer if you'd like, so I decided to look into it. You have to go through our Apple or Dell reps and get the "approved" computers. I initially went to Dell, but they only had 2 laptops available without much room for upgrading. Neither were ones I would have purchased on my own. Therefore, I figured I might as well take a look at the Apple Notebooks. Lucky for me, Apple doesn't have the variety that many PC manufacturers do. Basically, the laptops that I could choose from are the same ones that everyone can choose from (minus our educational discount). So... I chose a MacBook Black. It will be an odd transition back to the Mac, but I'll still have my Dell Desktop at home, so it won't be too bad. Who knows? Maybe when that one goes it will be time for an iMac.

NP: Scars, Rush

No comments: