Saturday, April 22, 2006

Starting over, with a drink

Well, a friend of mine told me that I needed to create a blog. I had been resisting for a long time, but I finally did it. Then it sat dormant for months. I really didn't have any interest in writing about my job/life/family, etc... But now, I've come up with an idea and we'll see how it goes.
I've been collecting different things my entire life (baseball cards, comics, cd's), and what I've been interested in lately is wine. So, I decided to start this blog over focusing on wine and see how it goes.
I'm not a total novice when it comes to wine, but I'm not all that knowledgible either. Lately I've taken an interest in really learning about wines. I've been to a couple of classes and my lovely wife bought me a little wine fridge for our apartment to feed into my growing obsession.
I'm not wine savvy, and I'm still trying to understand the difference between some of the grapes, lands, and so on. But I figured I'd give this a go. Hopefully we'll see my writing skills and actualy thoughts on the wines improve as time goes on. Wish me luck. I'll be back next time on some thoughts about specific wines I've had recently.

3 comments:

zorknapp said...

I can't even say I'm approaching a clue about wines, but I'll be curious to see what your take on them are... Wines have never done much for me in general, but maybe I can figure out what I've been missing...

thor iverson said...

Who would ever write about wine?

Louie said...

Yeah, so I got the idea from someone else :) It's kind of evolved from that original idea. We'll see where it goes.