Monday, April 28, 2008

Getting Back Into The Swing

You know... I was looking over this blog, and I realize that my life was more interesting before we moved out to the Garden State. At least we went out to dinner at some cool places. Now, the best places to go are either The Cheesecake Factory or some other chain place like Legal Seafoods. Of course, the main reason we moved out here was to get a better home for our kids, and in that we succeeded. But, I miss the food and fun of the city...

Now on to other things...

One night we had some people from work over the house and luckily one of our guests brought a bottle of Jezebel Pinot Noir 2006, Oregon. I had never even heard of this wine before, but I was really glad I was able to try it. I think I had 3 glasses from this bottle that night and I enjoyed every one. It's a very smooth wine that's easy to drink. Light in color, but still with a nice flavor. It's more fruit forward I think... This is a great bottle of wine that I would definitely buy/drink again. I think I had a better time that night because of this wine.
Another wine I had recently was the Col d'Orcia Spezieri 2005, Tuscany Italy. This bottle, I received from my cousin for Christmas. Most things have been sitting in the wine fridge because my wife is once again unable to drink with me. So, until August (at the earliest), I'm drinking alone. Anyway, this is a really nice red blend (mostly Sangiovese, which is probably why I liked it) - basically a table wine. It went well with my pasta bolognese, which is all I can ask in an Italian table wine.

NP: Ice 9, Joe Satriani

No comments: